The Best Tips for Finding Cheap Auto Insurance
Finding cheap auto insurance can be a real struggle. No one wants to overpay for a service they may not use often, but there’s no point in throwing your hard-earned money away in the process, either. It pays to be aware of the tricks of the trade for finding the best auto insurance deals – and there are plenty! Here are the top tips for doing so:
1. Compare Prices: With so many insurers out there, it pays to get the most competitive quote by comparing quotes from a range of insurers. Some will have better deals than others on a variety of factors, from liability coverage to deductibles, so you can often find a policy that perfectly meets your needs for a cheaper price.
2. Negotiate: Don’t be scared to haggle when it comes to your car insurance, as it can often win you a better deal. However, be aware that not all insurers will be willing to do this, so be prepared for some resistance!
3. Don’t pay for extras: Make sure youre only paying for the car insurance coverage you need. Sticking to the basic coverage packages always tends to be the cheapest option, or going bundling different types of coverage with one insurer can work out cheaper, too.
4. Group Packages: Consider getting a group package, if you are eligible. Many employers, social clubs and unions provide discounted car insurance options for employees and members, which could save you a bit of cash.
5. Pay in Full: Make sure youre setting aside money each month to pay for your auto insurance in full. Paying in lump sums can often allow you to benefit from additional discounts on your policy.
6. Mature drivers: If youre over 25, youre likely to get cheaper car insurance rates. After that age, insurance companies often view older drivers as being more experienced and less likely to put in a claim, making you a far more attractive policyholder in the eyes of the insurer.
7. Increase your deductibles: Increasing your deductibles is a great way to reduce your auto insurance premiums. The higher the deductible, the lower the monthly premiums. However, it needs to be weighed up as to how much you can afford should you ever need to make a claim.
Aside from the tips mentioned above, there are many more ways to get cheaper car insurance. You could look for discounts – for example, those who have a good driving record or who have taken an approved drivers training program may qualify for more discounts. You could also consider raising your credit score as this can be an indicator to insurers that you may not be a risky policyholder. Local car insurance companies may also be cheaper than the big-name insurers, as can obtaining a policy online.
Furthermore, those who insure their car with the same company as their house or another type of insurance may qualify for multi-policy discounts. Additionally, if you only use your car for commuting or youre applying for a lower level of coverage than what you usually have, then you may find that your premiums are lower. Finally, consider increasing your liability limits – while it will increase your premium, the increase is generally slight.
Finding cheap auto insurance doesnt have to be a chore. By taking the time to research and compare prices, negotiate, and make the most of discounts available, you could get yourself a great policy at a lesser price. Get into the habit of shopping around and looking for the best deals each time you renew or even switch your policy – it pays off in the long run!